Thursday, March 28, 2013

Nutella..

Brownies.
The gooey center is a glob of Nutella
Yep, Nutella Brownies.  Can there be anything more decadent?  Trust me when I say not so much.
 
I made Sunset Magazine's Chocolate Nutella Brownies today.  I've had the recipe for a while, I was just waiting for the right day to try it out and today was the day.

The recipe itself is a pretty basic brownie recipe.  The only changes are that both melted unsweetened chocolate AND cocoa are used. 
The melted butter and chocolate are stirred into a dry sugar and cocoa mix.
 Add some eggs, vanilla and salt.  Then once that is completely mixed, stir in the flour. 
Then instead of baking the brownies off in a 9*13" pan, bake them in muffin pans.  I buttered the pans really, really well since I didn't want my brownies to stick.
 Make a small indention in the top of the brownie, and spoon on some Nutella goodness.
All ready for the oven.  Being the good planner that I am, I doubled the recipe.  The original recipe makes 8 brownies, in my family of 5 that means war.  I managed to get 18 brownies using my ice cream scoop to measure out the batter per cup.  You could probably use a miniature muffin pan and get a lot of bite size brownies, just be sure to reduce the baking time.
 
Brownies are out of the oven and my husband has already sampled the goods.
This recipe is a winner and will definitely be put into regular rotation.  A cup of tea and a Nutella brownie, that might just be heaven.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment