Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Day With Emeril Lagasse


Well, not really.  I should say a day with Emeril Lagasse's 1-2-3 Lasagna.  I love this recipe and I've used it for years.  Here is a link to it on Food Network.

The first time I made this recipe I didn't realize that the sauce recipe made enough for two lasagnas.  So I wound up with an extra batch of sauce to freeze and only one lasagna.  Since then I make the full batch of sauce and then double the lasagna recipe so I end up with two lasagnas.  Back when the kids were little, I would make 4 8x8 size lasagnas, but now I just make two 9x13 pans.  One for tonight and one to freeze.

Dinner is served, btw the egg shaped thing is actually a roll :)

A quick mom tip, use disposable pans (I get mine from Target) for easy clean up.  The other change I've made to the recipe is to cut the amount of ground beef in half and to add 1 cup of wine and 1 cup of water instead of 2 cups of water.

Here is how it comes together:

Right after I dropped the kids off from school I started making the sauce.   Since I'll be putting the lasangas together today I cooked the ground beef at the same time I sauteed the onions

Sauce just beginning to simmer
All done and ready to layer
I'm saving the cans to make luminaries later
cheesy filling needs some mixing
 ready to layer the lasagnas
All done!
Clean up time

I'm serving Bridgeford frozen rolls and Barefoot Contessa's lemon vinaigrette on the salad.  Here is the link to the salad dressing, keep scrolling past the delicious chicken recipe.

The best part is that dinner is basically ready, I just need to throw it in the oven plus the kitchen is all cleaned up before the kids come home!
Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment