Monday, June 3, 2013

How much is too..

..much?

I'm not sure why some weekends end up having so many events in one day.  Sometimes I wonder if herd mentality has some basis in fact.

Anyhoo, any Saturday morning that starts out with a trip to Target at 8:30am is bound to be too much.

My local "old" Target

Why 8:30am?  Well, I had no other time to buy Daughter a bathing suit and she needed it for a pool party later that evening.

New bathing suit

Besides, I also had to go the Smart and Final right after Target to pick up the buns for a potluck at said pool party.  I should note here, that not one person at the potluck ate any of the buns except for me.  

Buns that nobody ate

The Doritos, of course, were gone half way through the potluck.  I guess the kids had their priorities.

American Legion

Right after I got home from the Target and Smart/Final run, the whole family was off to a Cub Scout service project at the American Legion.

Manual labor

We helped stuff envelopes for a large fundraiser the American Legion is doing on the 4th of July.  The kids actually had a great time stuffing envelopes.  There were so many people helping out that it only took about 40 minutes to stuff 6,000 envelopes.  Not bad.

A pizza lunch was provided courtesy of the American Legion and then we hit the road.

Ballet studio

Why the dine and dash?  Well, Daughter had a ballet rehearsal for Cinderella.

So we rushed home, got changed and headed over for an absolute mob scene.  The studio was pretty much standing room only, luckily Daughter found a spot watching some of the older girls practice while we waited.

Dance class

Of course, if there were tons of parents, it only follows that there were tons of ballerinas as well.

And there were.

Waiting to practice

Our final event of the day was an Adventure Maiden pool party.  I think there may be more toys than children in the pool.

Let's swim!

At the pool party, we closed the evening with a ceremony where Daughter was presented with this Expedition Princess Doll.  We were outgoing Princesses and while I was more than happy to pass the torch to our new fearless leader, Daughter was ready to stay Princess forever.

Adventure Maidens!

My favorite part of the evening was watching Daughter's face as she realized that the doll was for her. 

By the end of the night I had a migraine,

Daughter was tired,

and I'm pretty sure it was all too much.




No comments:

Post a Comment