Saturday, June 8, 2013

Road Trip to Sunnyvale..

Day 2!

When we are in Sunnyvale there is one place that I have to go - and that is Bean Scene.  Bean Scene is an independent coffee place on Murphy Street in downtown Sunnyvale.

I LOVE their wet decaf cappuccinos, the kids love their bagels so it is a win-win situation.

Bean Scene, best cappuccino in the States :)

The trouble with Bean Scene on a Saturday morning is it gets really busy, so if you want a table you've got to get moving early.

But with a drink like this waiting for you, its pretty easy to get motivated :)

Wet cappuccino!

 Part of the reason why Bean Scene gets so crowded is because of the farmer's market held outside.


I guess this guy isn't going anywhere.

I like this farmer's market, great products for reasonable prices - not like my local farmer's markets.
 
Checking out the produce

Right after breakfast we headed over the Bill Gate's Computer History Museum.

The main reason we decided to check it out was because the kids were free and it was close.  Actually I found the museum while browsing on Trip Advisor by proximity to my location.  I love Trip Advisor and Yelp - what did we do before the internet??

Entrance to the museum

So as you would expect the museum is pretty techy - we didn't even get tickets, we got these little metal clips that we put on our shirts.


an old computer

 Honestly, the kids were pretty bored by most of the exhibits.  Son 1 was interested in the WW2 Enigma code breaking section and also any of the targeting stuff used by the military.

Another old computer

Speaking for myself, I thought it was ok.  I might have enjoyed it more if the kids weren't complaining so much.  Nadim really enjoyed it.


Daughter playing Pac Man

Things got more interesting when the kids got to play "classic" games.

Of course, these games don't seem classic to me, but then I remember playing them at the roller skating rink.

Son 1 and Son 2 playing Pong

My favorite was Pong.  My Grandpa Johnson (my Mother's Dad) was very into technology and he had Pong at his house.  I remember playing the game anytime we went out to visit.  This must have been in the late 70's or early 80's - yes I am old.

Son 2 trying to figure out a game

Son 2, my naturally gifted gamer, tried to play this command game but couldn't get it to do anything.

Gaming was so tough before joy sticks.

3 generations of Kurani's picking lemons

After our excursion we got ready for a family BBQ, where a fun time was had by all.

The next day we left, but since Day 3 was really Day 1 in reverse I don't have anything new to say :)

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment