Saturday, February 16, 2013

Breakfast..

.. its whats for dinner.






My kids love having breakfast for dinner.  I love making breakfast for dinner because it is quick, easy and cheap.  My husband loves having breakfast for dinner mostly because it is cheap.

Tonight I made pancakes using my favorite recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.  I like this recipe because you don't need buttermilk or sour milk and it is really easy to double for a larger family like mine.  I always double the recipe and that makes about 18 pancakes.


I mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in the other.  It saves clean up to mix my wet ingredients in a large liquid measuring cup.


 I very gently whisk the wet and dry ingredients together.  It is really important not to over mix or your pancakes will be tough and who wants tough pancakes?


 I use a flat stove top griddle to cook my pancakes and I do 4 at one time.  It can be tricky to flip them over but when you have starving kids around you have to do what you have to do.


Son 1 took this photo of his plate of pancakes.  We are working on teaching the kids to cut up their own food, but it is hard to break the habit of cutting everything for them.

If you have extra pancakes left over, they store really well in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave. 

Fresh fruit is also a delicious addition, I love berries and bananas in mine.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment