Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

or Telenovela Hair day, depending on how you look at it.

Valentine's gifts
For me, once you've been married for more than a decade and have multiple children, the hearts and flowers stuff seems to lose its charm.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED coming home after volunteering at the elementary school this morning to find a bouquet and romantic card waiting for me.  But Valentine's Day gifts aren't the end all.

What really counts with me, is the day to day stuff... cleaning up after dinner, putting away laundry, tackling jobs around the house, spending time together laughing... those things are my daily Valentine's gifts.

This weekend we have a date set at the Crow Bar and Kitchen in Corona Del Mar, this really isn't a "Valentine's Date", just one of our regular night's out together.  The Crow Bar is one of my favorites!  Since this date is slightly more upscale then dinner at Zankou Chicken and shopping at Lowes, I decided to book myself an appointment for some beautification.

I love getting my hair done, it is one of my favorite Mom treats.  Adolfo, my trusty stylist, always manages to tame my mop of hair and today I'm a Telanovela star.


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment