Thursday, February 7, 2013

What to do with one very ripe banana?

Make some muffins!  Of course I looked and looked and couldn't find a recipe that used only 1 banana, so I had to improvise.  I pulled out my trusty Betty Crocker from the 1970's and found a generic muffin recipe called Sweet Muffins.  I checked their online recipe index and they do not have this recipe listed so I've included it here.

Perfect get home from school snack


Sweet Muffins
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Prepare 12 medium muffin cups by either greasing or lining with a liner.  Beat egg; stir in milk and oil.  Mix in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened.  Batter should be lumpy.  Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes.

To this basic recipe I added 1 diced very ripe banana to the batter.

I made a quick struesel for the top by mushing up 1 Tablespoons butter, 2 Tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.  I sprinkled the struesel on top and popped them in the oven.  When the muffins came out I realized that the oven was pretty hot at 400 degrees.  When I make these again, I would reduce the temp to 375 degrees and bake for the same amount of time.

The muffins were a hit with all 3 kids, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment