Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's Valentines Day...

and that means cookies for the Mother/Daughter group I am in with Daughter called Adventure Maidens.  AM is the updated version of Indian Maidens for those of you who are familiar with YMCA youth groups.
yum!
Anyway this year I happen to be Princess of our Expedition and that means making little treats for all the girls whose Mothers volunteer their time to serve on the board.  This month Daughter and I decided to make cookies.
3 dozen cookies cooling off
I used this Alton Brown recipe for the dough.  I really like it and I've tried quite a few.  The dough is very tender though, so if you are going to make cut-outs I recommend rolling the dough out to 3/8 inch instead of 1/4 inch.  The thicker cookies will hold up to decorating.
the dough was really cold and hard to roll out

heart cut outs
Since we are doing a Valentine's theme pink frosting was in order.  I used the standard frosting recipe that I've noted already on the Feathery Fudge cake post.  Red sprinkles can't hurt and then I added each girl's first initial with some white icing.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment: