Thursday, May 30, 2013

Cinnamon Twist..

..cookies!

Tea time!

So  have I mentioned that my kids LOVE cinnamon?  Well they do :)

I bought the puff pastry with the intention of making some Palmiers, but I decided to change it up and do Cinnamon Twists instead.  Here is my very own recipe, which isn't much of one, for your enjoyment. :)

Cinnamon Twists

1 box Pepperidge Farms puff pastry
3 T butter, melted
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 T cinnamon

  1. Thaw puff pastry sheets in the frig
  2. Heat oven to 400 degrees
  3. Line cookies sheets with parchment paper
  4. Combine cinnamon and sugar, mix well
  5. Unfold the pastry sheets and cut in half, then cut each half into 1 inch strips.  Be careful to keep the strips close together
  6. Brush on melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture over the top
  7. Twist the cookies once, being careful not to knock off all the cinnamon/sugar
  8. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
Defrosted puff pastry ready for action

First things first, yes you do need to plan ahead when making these cookies.  It is impossible to unfold frozen pastry.  Ask me how I know this?  Well, I've tried it and the sheets just break into pieces.

Butter it up baby!

My butter is melted and my cinnamon/sugar is mixed up and ready to go.  Remember not to use all your butter and cinnamon/sugar on your first puff pastry sheet, only use half.

This looks kind of gross, but it will taste great :)

Once the butter is on, sprinkle on the cinnamon/sugar.  Be sure to cover all the way to the edges, nobody wants a partially cinnamon/sugared cookie.

Cinnamon and sugar

The trickiest part of this recipe is twisting the dough strips.  I did it very carefully and sprinkled on any sugar/cinnamon that fell off back onto the cookies.

Twisted and ready for baking

Out of the oven!  I got about 2 dozen cookies from the one box of puff pastry

Cooling off

and they were gone the next day.



I had lot's of hands in my cookie jar :)

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment