Friday, May 3, 2013

Square peg..

..in a round hole.

In Adventure Maidens, Daughter and I frequently earn beads for attending events.

Problem is that our necklaces are strung on plastic lacing, which is pretty thick, and most of the pretty beads have very small holes.

Enter my adventure maiden bead adaptor :)

Pink sparkly bead that Daughter selected

The secret weapon in my arsonel is a head pin. They sell head pins at both Michaels and Joanne's in the beading section. Head pins come in different lengths and some also have a loop at the end for adding a dangling bead.

head pins, a cheap solution

The bead I am using here has a horizontal hole, so I just bent the head pin so that the bead would hang down.

Head pin inserted through hole


bent head pin

Once I have the head pin in I added some additional beads to fancy it up.

These particular beads are for our Mother-Daughter Tea Party.


fancy beads in place

Once the bead is complete, I use a pair of pliers to twist up the extra length on the head pin and turn it into a loop. I'm sure that there are nicer ways of doing this, but when you are making 30 of them, corners will be cut :)

bending the head pin to create a loop

loop close up, not too bad

finished bead


The completed beads along with a purchased patch is all ready for our tea party.

Mmmmm, scones, tea, little sandwiches, a flower headdress and a wand... Can anything be more fun?


No comments:

Post a Comment