Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mommy, why are you..

all dressed up?

So I have to say that it was a bit of a shock when my children wouldn't stop commenting/noticing that I put on a bit of make up, jewelry and some high heels.

It was like Santa Claus had landed on the drive way.

Or the Apple fairy put ipads under everyone's pillow.

But no, it was just little old me slightly dressed up for a tea party.  I mean really, no need to stop traffic :)


Yes, this is my second tea party of the week, but in my world there is never to much tea or little finger sandwiches or scones or great conversation.

And all of the above were had in spades.

I had the pleasure of taking tea at The Tea House on Los Rios in San Juan Capistrano.  It is on the cutest street, with some quaint shops and lots of atmosphere.

Entry way
 
Walk to the front door

 We sat on the front porch and enjoyed a view over Los Rios Street.  It was very charming.

The gang

The food was ok, nothing really special.  Well I take that back, the coconut pecan cake was special - that's what I got for dessert.  Unfortunately I couldn't take a picture of it because I had to get it to go.  Why you ask?

current scone with jam and cream

finger sandwiches and fruit

Because the darn school let the kids out early.

Which is why I ended up riding my bike to school pick up in heels, make up and jewelry.

Which in turn led to the "Mommy, why are you all dressed up?" questions -

and why I don't have a picture of the luscious Coconut Pecan Cake :)

Happy Wednesday!




1 comment: