Friday, April 26, 2013

Brown bagging it..

One of my very, very least favorite things to do is make my kids lunches for school.

I pretty much hate it.

Nothing Almost nothing, makes me happier than when it is pizza day at school.

The only thing that makes lunch preparation slightly better is the Laptop Lunch system that I use.  I purchased the lunch boxes about 7 years ago and I'm still using the same plastic trays, but I've replaced the silverware once and the soft sided lunch boxes almost every year.


Lunch prep mess

The thing I like about the system is that I don't have to put each food item in a baggy.

Baggies I hate even more than making lunches.  What a waste.

Son 2's lunch - Nutella and honey sandwich

The second thing I like is when the kid open up their lunch, they can see everything they have to eat and it is ready to go.

No opening containers or hearing the dreaded-

 "I didn't know I had ________ in my lunch!  I didn't see it!"

Son 1's lunch - plain cheese sandwich

The bad thing about the lunch system is that I have to run it through the dishwasher everyday.

If I forget or get lazy I have nothing to put the kids' lunches in the next day.

It is not pretty when that happens.

Daughter's lunch - peanut butter and jelly sandwich

I've tried to get Nadim to take his lunch to work in something like this, but he point blank refused, he prefers Tupperware containers and a target shopping bag :)

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I have the same containers and LOVE them - we can put softer things like strawberries and blue berries and they don't get squashed! I too like not using baggies everyday. The kids like the little containers with lids for things like ketchup or ranch sauce too, for dipping. My kids have had same outter soft bags for +2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you buy these? I love!

    ReplyDelete