Wednesday, April 24, 2013

HQ quilt redux

I finished up my Job's Daughters Honored Queens quilt a few months back, you can find the blog entry here

My sister, Vicki, was also Honored Queen a couple of years after me.  For the last year or so I've been embroidering quilt squares for her while I waited around during Daughter's ballet class.

Once the embroidery was finished, I assembled the quilt top and then began the quilting process.  This quilt was easier to actually quilt because it was much smaller in size.

The following pictures document the steps needed to finish the quilt.

It was a major milestone for me to get the quilt finished and one more UFO off my list :)

Quilting in process

Markings done in crayola washable markers

Quilting the borders

Ready for the next step - trimming and binding

Nice clean edges ready for binding

Trimming threads

Making the binding


Stitching the binding onto the quilt

Finishing the binding

Finished quilt
Stay tuned for a blog entry with detailed photos of the embroidery and finished quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment