Sunday, April 28, 2013

Camping..

Cub Scout style.

So our Pack went camping this weekend.

San Juan Meadows Group Area


Since I'm in charge of the calender I get to pick where we go camping, one of the perks of the job :)

All 52 of us stayed at Casper's Regional Park in group site A, which in my humble opinion is the best site of the lot.

Van loaded up and ready for action

We arrived at 8am on Saturday to set up camp and get ready for a full day of activities.  We quickly set up our tent, then Nadim unloaded everything else while I got the programming going for the boys.

Inside our tent

Cub Scouts are all about earning patches, belt loops and pins.  The boys enjoy this to a certain extent, but what was really special was free time.  No electronics allowed.

The kids climbed trees, built forts, argued over who had the best stick and got absolutely filthy.

Saturday activities

We had a great campfire where kids ate their fill of smores and birthday cake.  Lights out at 8:30 because everyone is going to be up at the crack of dawn anyway.

Sunday morning, 6am

 For me, the crack of dawn came at 5am and in the form of bird song.

Stealthy candy eating in the tent

After breakfast it was time to break down camp and when I was cleaning out the tent I found some incriminating evidence by Son 1's pillow.  I guess he saved a Hershey bar for a midnight snack.  Good thing we weren't at Yosemite or Yellowstone, we might have had an unwelcome guest in the form of a bear.

Son 2's dirty feet - yes he wore shoes and socks the whole weekend

We got home nice and early.  Plenty of time for me to scrub the kids and start on laundry.

Next up, Flag Football :)

Have a great Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment